CAS Mix Up November Stencil Challenge

 Thank you Loll for hosting this super fun challenge for the CAS Mix Up November Challenge

 I had not done this technique using a stencil to make a mono print in a while.  So, I went through my stash of stencils and made a pile of those I thought would work.  I ended up using three different ones.  My first one completely blew me away!!  It took me a while to figure out how to use it.  I was scared to death to cut it up!!  Here it is: 




I sprinkled Infusions "In the Navy" powder onto "Snow Flurry" by MFT, and spritzed with water!!  I needed something blue for a birthday card, but when I saw this it looked like an awesome snowstorm...the the following 2 cards came to life.  



I just love this snowman by Penny Black!  The whimsical sentiment is from a Tim Holtz stamp set.  I hope this makes you smile as much as it did me!  Rarely does something come out better than expected!!  I almost never use circles but I thought it might look a bit like a snow globe...but I like the rectangle better. :)

Extra:
I recently was frustrated at not really knowing what each of my "gold" embossing powders looked like.  So I did what I NEVER do...and really should...I make a sample sheet!!


It is sooooo useful!!  I promise to make more! 
I ended up using WOW Gold Pearl.  I just got it this week in the mail!  It is BEAUTIFUL!!
I also did not know I had so many gold embossing powders!!!  LOL

Stay tuned for the other two (or three :)) monoprints using Lindy's Magicals!!

Thanks for visiting :)




Comments

  1. This background is AWESOME, Julie! It's so perfect for this lovely snowman that always makes me smile! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning! Such a wonderful CAS design too! Thanks also for the EP comparisons. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stencil monoprint background is AMAZING, Julie! LOVE the beautiful dark navy with the white "snowstorm". :) Two fantastic Christmas cards using it, along with the very fun snowman die. That snowman makes me smile! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Great learning with your samples of your gold embossing powders. Always great to have a chart to help you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll. I so glad to be retired from teaching now...I now get to play along with your challenges every month now!! Of all the challenges out there, yours is my favorite. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Wow Julie...Gorgeous monoprint stenciled snow background for your sweet die cut snowman. TFS and it will be wonderful that you will now have time to play with us at CAS Mix Up every month:-) Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment