CAS CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE for August: Decorations

 Thank you Cathy for this month's Challenge at CAS Christmas Challenge.  Despite the obvious, it took me a while to wrap my head around what a decoration was. LOL :). I finally decided that a wreath is a "decoration", and it gave me a chance to play around with a "wreath maker template" - that just happened to be included in a Gina K Designs stamp set I had and had never opened!!   I wanted it to look like a wreath on a door, so I used an embossing folder by Tim Holtz alterations/sizzix.



I liked it better without a sentiment, so I looked for as small as one as I could find - Alexandra Renke.

I am now addicted to the "wreath maker" and may try and make my own - so it is bigger!!!

Paper:  Neenah Solar,  Sizzix Opulant Card stock
Dies: Renke bows
Ink: Archival,  Magicals (red bow)
Stamps: gina k Designs, Alexandra Renke/favorite season
Embossing Folder: Sizzix/TH alterations


Comments

  1. Your wreath is a gorgeous decoration! Beautifully stamped and I love the texture from the woodgrain embossing, it does look like a wreath on a door! Thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I appreciate your comments :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful wreath, thanks for the inspiration to use my wreath builder ♥. Love the card.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie. Great work with the wreath builder template. I bought one last year and have not used it yet ... shame on me! Your wreath is so pretty, especially with the woodgrain background --- perfect together! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty wreath on a white wooden door! The wreath builder is addictive, isn’t it? ;-) It has a lot of possibilities design-wise.
    The tiny AR’s sentiment panel is perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hideko! Your work always catches my eye!!

      Delete
  5. what a gorgeous wreath you created - hanging so pretty against the woodgrain background! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas Julie! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment