CAS Christmas: Red and Gray

 Thank you CAS Christmas and Marcia for another month of fun. Marcia challenged us to use red and gray. Here's my 2nd venture.  I originally wanted to emboss the houses in silver...and I still might today...but here's what evolved:




The pictures do not do this card justice. It is really quite elegant in person.  The 3 D embossing folder by Sizzix "Winter Snowflakes" is amazing.  Houses and trees are part of a set designed by Julie Ebersole for Essentials by Ellen (Ellen Hutson). Little red heart was colored with a red glitter pen. Oh and lastly the sentiment "December love" is from a Alexandra Renke set. 

I think I should cut the bottom of the gray in a snowy curve...what do you all think??
:)



Comments

  1. Oh Julie...I absolutely LOVE your card using our challenge colors!! Your gray embossed background is so pretty and I'm loving how your little village all in white stands out! And of course that little pop of red in the heart is the icing on the cake! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely, lovely card with us at CAS Christmas!! Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with the gorgeous embossed background Julie. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, I loooooove that embossing folder and it's paired perfectly with the houses :) thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Christine! yeh that embossing folder is really amazing! My first time using it.

      Delete
  4. Oh this is adorable. The sentiment is fun and unique… love how you made it stand out with just the pop of red. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment