CAS CHRISTMAS: Poinsettia

 Thank you Linda for hosting this months Christmas Challenge at CAS Christmas!  The challenge is  Poinsettia!  I looked through my entire stash and found only two things with a poinsettia - not my go to image obviously!  One stamp and this Tim Holtz stencil that I could experiment with my latest obsession...gelli plates and alcohol inks!  The result was probably one of my favorites.  



Here is a close up:




and now the printing process:


Print was then pulled with Liquitex transparent white onto 90lb Nenah Solar cardstock. 
Sentiment: Alexandra Renke

Thanks for getting this far! I love hearing your comments and questions!  Have a great day!



Comments

  1. Julie, beautiful poinsettias done with AI inks. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card, Julie! I love the effects of alcohol inks and your gelli plates...so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG absolutely amazing, you gelli print is so artsy LOVE it ♥. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas (have to try this :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! It is actually even more cool in person. The photo kinda makes it look like a hot mess! If you try it be ready to get addicted!! Since no two are alike you can't stop!! I love these little 3x5 gelli plates. I have 3 going at once!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous geli print you created with your stencil - thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Gorgeous and artsy print with your gelli plate and AIs, Julie! Looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment