CAS MIX UP July Challenge: Alcohol on Vellum

 Thank you Coni for hosting a fun challenge at CAS Mix Up!  This month's challenge is Alcohol ink on vellum!  Well I've been seriously addicted to my Gelli plates ( I have 4 of them going on a daily basis) and using alcohol ink on them...so instead of printing onto paper...I tried vellum!  and here is the result.



 I stamped and embossed the sentiment under the vellum, as I was scared to heat the vellum and alcohol ink!  I love the "rusticness" of it!  It really looks  A LOT better in person.  Image is 3x5 and card base is 5x7.






Sentiment is from Penny Black - Happy Snippets
Cow is Viva Las Vegas Stamps

I even used my Gelli plate this month for the Poinsettia Challenge over at CAS Christmas

Thank you all from CAS Mix UP for a constant monthly challenge. 


Comments

  1. I should be thanking your for this unique addition to the gallery. It's reminiscent of some cave drawings I've seen. I truly love the way the vellum took the color. Now all I have to do is try using alcohol ink with vellum on a gelli plate, myself. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coni! Be careful!! it is VERY addicting as no 2 are ever even close to being the same.!! I used Liquitex transparent white to pull the images. I also experimented with the new Pearl Alcohol inks and they work great!

      Delete
  2. What a neat look, Julie! It goes perfectly with the cow! I was amazed at how well alcohol inks work on a gelli plate! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artsy card with your gelli plate and AI panel. I have not tried AIs on a gelli plate, so something I will have to check out. The vellum took your print really well. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment