Sum Sum Summertime!

This fun challenge is all about the beach.  Thank you Loll from CAS Mix Up and her guest designer: Brenda (Inkspired to Stamp)


To me summertime is all about Adirondack chairs!  My first idea was to create a long card with a row of multi colored cards, so I started with painting many papers, with my sparkly Lindy's Magicals!





I was trying to place them on a 4x9 card but it wasn't working out.  Painting a beach scene wasn't working out either...dry embossing a 4x9 card definitely wasn't working out.  finally. a 51/2 x 5 1/2 square with my dry embossed "sand"!  I wanted to use all the colors on one card, but now I can make more cards in each of the colors!!
 
I just love when your challenges force me to use supplies that I have but never used!
This Technique Tuesday Ali Edwards set was really fun (and really old).  See my dragon fly post for other sentiments.  And I had not used this chair die yet either. 


I thought I would add just for fun, a real summer scene that I photographed and then painted a few years ago...







Comments

  1. Adirondack chairs are definitely a sign of summer where I live. And they are so comfortable! I love your chairs with your fabulous sentiment, Julie! Thanks for sharing your photo and painting of your summer scene at the lake. It's really beautiful. Wonderful watercolour painting! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll! I originally painted the scene as a thank you card for the owners of this "scene". Then she wanted to use it as a Christmas card, but the first one was horrible! so I painted 4 more times. Each one had something different that came out best. Finally I decided on one and added Red Chairs with Green Bows on the back.

      Delete
  2. Your Adirondack chairs bring back memories of my grandparents who had them in green in their yard. Your lake view brings back memories of my dad's place on a VT lake. Thanks for the wonderful memories! And thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a Vermont lake...Harvey's Lake just south of St. Johnsbury in West Barnet. where was your dad's lake?

      Delete
  3. So pleased Julie that you shared your Adirondack chairs CAS card design with us at CAS Mix Up (W) Beach. Loved all your photos of your process..even if you did not use your watercolored backgrounds. TFS your beach painting for your friends too. Wonderful memories! Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully CAS ..... I love Adirondack chairs they are so comfortable! Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment