CAS Mix Up May 2020

Even though I look at and mentally plan projects each month for CAS, it has been a while since I got something done on time (and I have only hours to go!!).  I am a teacher and it is summer so I'm excited to create once again!!  Glad I had gesso on hand.  It was really fun and as you can see I got carried away - watched all the videos and tried every technique:

Thank you CAS Mix Up family for all you do!  Looking forward to the new format.  Maybe THEN I can keep up!!

First up was a layered stencil:
I used the archival ink over the gessoed part.  I just love this layered stencil.  I am surprised there are not more on the market. I tried and tired to figure out how to mount this, and after a week I just "cut it up",
and was much more pleased with the result:

Next up was painting gesso onto a background stamp...(my favorite)  I love and "antique" finish it produces:


I don't know why but these red ones has "pick up truck" written all over them!!


The green one went here:


And last but not least, The only one that fits the challenge:
gesso
stamping
ink blending
( I am a challenged stamper! not my go to!!)
I thought the white gesso would be great through my new bunny stencil:


I know this was a long post...thank you for looking.  If you are interested in the names/suppliers of the stencils or dies let me know.  (I'm on the clock!!)

Comments

  1. Fabulous cards --- each one so beautiful and unique! Love the layered stenciled flower ... such beautiful colours. Cutting a panel down is the easiest way to create a CAS card. Great design! And your gesso cards are all so amazing. The gesso resist does really give a vintage or ethereal look. My favourite is the little red truck :) ... adorable! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll! I always appreciate you thoughtful comments! glad you liked the truck. the details are actually really cool.

      Delete
  2. What fun you've had with this challenge! Love that you shared all the results! A beautiful layered stencil that is so pretty with all the white on white dimension! The truck and leaf pieces are so pretty! And the little dancing rabbits are delightful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your positive comments! Glad you like the dancing bunnies!

      Delete
  3. WOW! You've been busy. What a collection of beautiful cards. Love the layered stencil, the background stamped die cuts look fab and I just love that bunny stencil. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up and Stencil challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! The bunny stencil is from www.acolorfullifedesigns.com. 018211 "Bunny Dance"

      Delete

Post a Comment