CAS Watercolour: Something Blue!

For a long time I have been wanting to try something I once saw...stamping a background stamp, and then "blurring" parts of it.  When I saw the Challenge for Something Blue, I thought I could try this technique.  I have a large collection of Blue Willow dishwear and wanted to replicate it, so I used a IO background stamp, Blueprint DI and a paint brush.

This was a case of my original idea totally not working.  I started with the "mug idea", but it did not work out.  Instead...several other cards did... here they are:  The moose with my first.  A Penny Black die. I wanted the trees to look far away so I put foam tape in between.  Sentiment is by......



Second Card was stumbled on by pieces falling together on my worktable.  i realized it looked really cool for the mug (which I wanted originally "blue willow" to actually be dry embossed, so...

I love my little tea bag!!

Finally, I still had my "blue willow mug" and ended up just highlighting it on this Alexandra Renke embossing folder. 



I wanted to keep the front image clean, so the sentiment is on the inside. (I thought this sentiment went with the antique theme!!)

Well, thanks if you gotten this far!  I hope this is enough BLUE for you!!  :)

Comments

  1. Three fantastic blue cards Jules! I love the idea of replicating the blue and white china. Always interesting to see where we get our inspiration. You have nailed it with all three cards. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful series of Blue & White cards, I'm in to willow china too:) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ended up with three fantastic cards, Jules! I would love to see more about this background technique as I love the look of it! It makes a gorgeous mat to set your embossed tea cup on and a pretty cup too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment