CAS Mix Up: Ombre

Thank you CAS Mix Up team for another great inspiration challenge!  This challenge pushed me way out of my box with (almost) no die cutting!  This one took a long time to create.  I started with trying to do an ombre look with perfect pearls - epic fail, but salvaged a bird out of it. (see below) . Then somehow decided to go geometric and Distress Inks.  I pulled out all my blues and started sponging actually brushing -much easier to get an even look.  It then still sat on my desk forever, trying to decide what to put on it.  I was going to go with wild flowers, but some how the Hipsters (TH) spoke to me.  It ended up as a pretty cool masculine card.


I had the dies to cut out the head and the glasses and the tie.  Glasses and tie are clear embossed. I may now make a few more of these in different colors and different Hipsters!!  Sentiment inside...

Well thanks for looking.  Your comments are truly appreciated!!

Oh yeah, here is the inlaid bird I salvaged from the ombre pearl ex...


Comments

  1. What a cool masculine card with a fabulous ombre effect. Love the hipster and the fun sentiments. Wonderful card and thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up challenge.
    It was such a great idea to try the pearls too and great save and what a beautiful inlaid bird card, so pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and so perfect for a guy, Julie! Great ombre color! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards. Persistence sometimes has great outcomes and so do these cards.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment