CAS Watercolour on Vellum!!

Thanks to CAS Watercolour,  we all have been challenged to water color on VELLUM.  Not an easy task!!  I may have to practice a bit more.  I used Daniel Smith watercolors on Best Mom, and Lindy's Magicals on the blue poppy.

The blue poppy card is actually 5x7.  It is a large poppy by Penny Black.  The Best MOM was a free stamp from Simon Says Stamp. 

Stamped the sentiment on the background.  Which was Ellen Hutson's Woodgrain.  It was the "whitest" paper I had.  Everything else looked yellow . 


The sparkly of the Lindy's Magicals is just amazing!  And since it is so concentrated, you don't need much water and the paper does not warp as much--still warps though.  I stamped the poppy  with versa grey ink.  I like that it was not the dark black, and didn't take away from the paint.  


Last minute but thanks for looking!
:)

Comments

  1. Great work watercolouring on vellum Jules. Had not thought about using magicals. The colours of that blue poppy are amazing. Two wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Jules! I had not thought of using magicals on vellum either but I LOVE the shimmer and shine on your blue poppy! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shimmery poppy, Jules! It's such a beautiful color with the silver embossing. A great pairing with the vellum! Two beautiful Mother's Day cards! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty poppy, I like it done in the blue.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment