CAS's 1st STENCIL CHALLENGE!!!

I am sooooo excited to see what we are going to do each month with all the stencils that I have!!! Thank you Thank you for creating CAS STENCIL! 


Well, I started by making a bunch of backgrounds for CAS's other challenge - Mix UP.  This month's challenge there was making Bokeh backgrounds.  I took the ugliest one and tried stenciling on it Using DI.  I have this huge 6x6 Cat face stencil by Ken Oliver.  I needed a birthday card for a cat lover.  But as always, it was too big to do anything with.  I was actually going to throw it out!  but then I dropped a small square opening over it and...viola!  I loved it.   However, it was screaming "hello" not "happy birthday",  So I still have to make a birthday card!!


After cutting the opening, I embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder.  Also made a frame with the same set of square nesting dies. 


The "hello" sentiment die is SSS (I think)



Thanks for looking! 





Comments

  1. I have some big stencils as well - and have found it so hard to use them on anything card size! What a great idea to frame the kitties face - you can still see that it's a cat - a very creative design and use of your big stencil! Thanks so much for joining us in the first CAS Stencil challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab .... what a great way to use that large kitty stencil. Thank you for joining us on the CAS Stencil challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment