CAS Mix Up JANUARY Challenge: Bokeh!

When I first looked at this challenge I wasn't so sure...but boy is it addicting!!  Thank you CAS Mix Up January team,  for the inspiration!!  I got carried away making backgrounds with my watercolors.  The blobby backgrounds were a bit boring, so I decided to practice making "leaves", circles and splattering!  (I later realized that I should have stuck with the boring backgrounds for this technique) :) .

Now that I had several backgrounds I punched a piece of scrap acetate with circles and started sponging!!.....Now what to do with all the bokeh backgrounds?  I took the ugliest one and tried stenciling this cat I have on it.  Then I had this huge 6x6 cat!  It's always too big to put on a card.  Somehow I dropped a small square over it and viola! So I learned, if you have an image that is too big just highlight a piece of it.  Going to post this one on CAS's first Stencil Challenge

So on to another piece.  It took me a LONG time to land on something I liked.  I ended up using an old Penny black die that I bought at a garage sale, so I don't know the name of it.  I've had it forever and never knew what to do with it but...I loved the result and ended up with two cards!  Always a positive thing!!  Here is the positive and negative version. (ha ha)
 I ended up cutting two of the white leafy frames and doubling them up, as I wanted the bokeh square to look farther away and not just inlaid.
 My favorite sentiment (song) fit perfectly in the square.  The sentiment set is from IO  - called You Make Me Happy.  There are 5 stamps/song quotes including "I love you more today than yesterday. But not as much as tomorrow!"  --my all time favorite, but it did not fit in the box!  :)

Techniques used:  Bokeh - die cutting - inlay - stamping

Thank you so much for looking!!

Comments

  1. So you've been busy! Great cards and great examples of non-boring Bokeh! Thanks for joining at at Cas Mix Up this month!
    Viv
    (Guest DT January)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bokeh galore, what a brilliant approach to all of your backgrounds, this looks amazing. I love all your cards, with no exception. Beautifully done Bokeh.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you had fun playing with the bokeh technique Jules! Your cards are fantastic! Isn't it a fun technique?? And you can do it over top of any coloured background you have in your stash. You are so right about a large image ... focus on just part and you end up with a CAS design that is awesome! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed reading this post and you sure look like you had fun with this technique? Really stunning CAS cards, with a fabulous Bokeh effect and your designs are fabulous. Wonderful addition to the CAS Mix Up Gallery....Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the texture of the leaves with your Bokeh square, Jules! It's the perfect CAS setting! I love the colored leaves with the fun sentiment too! Beautiful colors on those leaves! The cat is amazing! What a wonderful creative idea for a large stencil! Thanks so much for embracing this technique at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment