CAS Christmas January Challenge!

OK... you asked for BLUE and SILVER, you got it!!  It's been absolutely freezing here in Alaska - minus double digits!!  But oh so beautiful!  Every little branch is coated in white and everything just sparkles!!  So I tried to recreate it.   Started by dropping 3 shades of blue alcohol ink onto YUPO paper.  The indigo seemed to take over!  Then added silver fixative.  I was going to just go for a moon or two but carried away as it was so cool to see the silver react with the blue...so I kept going!   After it dried overnight I searched for a die to cut something silver. Came across some Poppy dies that I had not used yet and then decided on some glitter paper that is amazingly sparkly!!

The center square is popped up with foam tape.  Looks much better than my horrible photograph.


I was going to mount the little squares on white cardstock, but the shine and glitter just made my cardstock look horrid!! So I cut up some more glitter paper!!  You can't really see how glittery everything is....just like outside!!

Sentiment is penny black.  Here are the dies...


Thank you CAS Christmas Team for the constant inspiration!!  Couldn't live without you all!!


Thanks for looking! 
Happy New Year!


Comments

  1. Two lovely variations using the blue and silver challenge! Wonderful glitter, gorgeous blue alcohol inks, and great moons! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a winter wonderland, Jules! I love the rich blue alcohol inked background with the silver mixative and all that glitter is so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning little scene with the die cut and AI on Yupo. the swirl of the AI gives such a wonderful cold winter sky effect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Jules! I LOVE alcohol inks. They are so vibrant and beautiful. The deep blues you've used here with the sparkly silver look amazing together. LOVE that die and have it myself. Great designs Jules! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous background to enhance all of the silver wintery scene. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment