CAS Watercolour: JULY - Splashing!

Hi thanks for looking!  As you will see I had a ton of fun with this challenge.



I have always enjoyed this technique, but with my recent studio addition of Lindy's Magical powders...they are just amazing!  I have 3 other brands of powdered water colors but the shimmer in these is just intoxicating!!  I have used them for all three CAS challenges this month.   When I saw the "splashing" challenge I immediately thought of the speckles on birds...ENJOY








As you can see many more birds can come to life!!...but I've been busy in the garden....12.lbs of Alaskan Strawberries  (they are salmon colored when ripe and AMAZINGLY sweet!!

Thanks for visiting!!

Stamps: TH Crazy Birds, Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds, Penny Black Snippets, Happy Snippets
Ink/Paint:  Lindy Magicals
Dies/Embossing:  TH thinlets, We R Wood Grain, Carabelle,


Comments

  1. This technique worked beautifully for your birds, Jules! I love how you've place them on the small embossed panels! So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, Jules. BTW, our technique is called Splashing, not splattering, but it looks like you were doing splashing on your watercolored backgrounds. So many beautiful birds and CAS card design. TFS your beautiful cards and joining our CAS Watercolour challenge. Love your berries too:-) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I just edited my post! :-) .

      Delete
  3. Great work with the splash watercolouring, Jules. The magicals are just perfect for creating beautiful shimmery background. Your birds are all gorgeous! Great designs with all your cards. The white dry embossing adds lots of texture and dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...you really went to town on splash water colouring technique Jules! All your birds are FABULOUS looking and love how you placed them on just a simple white embossed panel! And aren't Magicals so fun to use?!! I just LOVE their shimmer and shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment