CAS Mix Up: Color your Die Cuts!!

Since I am more of a "die cutter" than a "stamper", I really loved this challenge,
so I tried to push my self a little farther and instead of just die cutting my "coloured paper", I tried to be more creative with the "painting of the paper".  I used my magical lindy paints directly on a mat and the spritzed my stamp with water "stamped" into the powdered paints, and then stamped onto paper.  AFTER it dried I then took a wet paint brush to the  image and moved the paint around a bit....then die cut!!


Thanks for looking!!
And thank you wonderful talented ladies at CAS...


Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

Stamps:  PB Blooming Garden, Carabelle Art Stamp; "Dans le nature, il y a..."
Dies: SSS; "Handlettered Greeting",  Spellbinders; Small Circles
Ink:  DI Peeled Paint, Lindy's Magicals

Comments

  1. Beautiful poppies, Jules! I love how you've placed them in the circle with the ferns in the background! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolored stamped die cut poppies, Jules. I love your fern background in your circle framing. TFS your beauty and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those gorgeous poppies using Lindy's paints. The colours are so beautiful against the stamped leafy background. Great design Jules! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Loll! You were the one to introduce me to Lindy's paints!! I just love the shimmer...last night four pick up trucks evolved out of a piece of "Lindy paper" . the rustic metallic look is amazing!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration as I would never have thought to do the stamping and colouring in this way. What a fabulous card, so beautiful and absolutely stunning x. Thank you for joining in at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I was really surprised how much and how easily the "paint" moved. It had been drying for over a week before I put a wet brush to it to see what would happen.

      Delete
  5. My goodness Jules, your flowers and ferns look so dimensional with your coloring - so pretty framed in the circle - thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful poppies, love all the nuances in those petals, lots of mouvement too. Your background stamping for the aperture is the perfect setting.
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment