CAS Mix Up May: Crayons!!

I just love the challenges over at CAS Mix Up!   They always push me to use a medium or technique that I would never have used before.  I actually have 3 packs of TH crayons, but have not really every used them.


So I used TH crayons, Stamping, masking and inlaid technique on my cards.  I took out a new to me set by Dina Wakley Media stamp set - Scribbly Fishes..
Ranger Dina Wakley Media Stamp Set - Scribbly Fishes

I started out by placing fish down on my stamping platform, and then used masking paper to get the seaweed to appear in front of and in back of the fish. Then I was the cool turtle and wanted to fit him in.  I had to fussy cut the seaweed mask in order to slip in the turtle behind the weeds!!


Then I just started adding color and used a water brush to move the color around.  At first I did not like anything about what was happening, but then I grew to like the "roughness" of the whole thing.  Still the finished piece was far from clean and simple... then I saw my brand new Alexandra Renke Fish in Fram die.
..and decided to "chop it up". I figured putting fish in a fish frame couldn't hurt!! I really like the final outcome.  The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.  




Thanks for visiting!  I truly appreciate any and all comments!!

Comments

  1. Loved that you chopped up your card with that gorgeous die to make this wonderful CAS card. Great masking and fabulous colours with those crayons. Thank you for joining in at The CAS Mix UP Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crayon coloring for your underwater background - great masking and fun fish die cut! thanks for sharing with us at the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a very fun underwater scene. Great work with the crayons! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you "chopped" up your Distress Crayon colored underwater scene into 3 cards. So cool. TFS and joining CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frame is so perfect with your pretty fish scene, Jules! What a great way to stretch your stamps! Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment