CAS Watercolour March Challenge: In the Garden

Here is my second garden image.  Not sure if it works for the topic, but I can't imagine gardening without the sounds of birds!  This is the strangest photo ever!!  It looks like the blue-green is in the background when it is actually a die cut piece on top!!   I painted wash on watercolor paper and then die cut it with the Tim Holtz thinlet pictured below.  Then painted a second layer just on the bird.  Added a bit of sparkle with mica paints.  (Art Quest)



Thanks for checking in!  I so appreciate any and all comments!!
Thank you CAS Watercolour again for the inspiration each month!


Comments

  1. Two pretty watercoloured and die-cut images, Jules. Love the soft colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely watercolouring on your die cut! At first I thought it was the letter press technique because of how the photo shows it - very strange. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting die, Jules! I love what you've done with it and always love seeing birds in my garden! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment