1st CAS Christmas March Challenge

SO excited!! for the 1st

CAS Christmas March Challenge


I got to work right away but did not have any time to post after that!  Loved the idea of Holly as I almost never use that image.  Found a piece in my "trash stash" which lead to the following ideas.
The layered one with the white sprigs and the faux enamal was the original idea but after dropping the sprig on a white piece of paper I loved the simplicity of just the sprig.  Thought my dorky Merry Christmas embossing folder would be just the background.  I really wanted to use my "faux metal" bell and so I also went with the layered idea and am pleased with both.   The sprigs are TH and the watercolor paper was painted with Daniel Smith Jadeite Genuine.  I had some awesome red berries but could not fine a place to put them!

Thanks for visiting!

...and come play along with the amazing design team at CAS Christmas Challenge!  They have 2 other awesome challenges as well..




Comments

  1. Hi Jules. Your holly sprig over your dry embossed background is so pretty. Love the shades of green on your holly, and the wonderful texture from the dry embossing.

    The second card is also beautiful. Wonderful design to show off your gorgeous faux enamel bell. So pretty with the small red bow to give it a bright pop of colour. The holly looks so pretty along with the white pine sprigs.

    Two fantastic holly cards Jules! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll! Yes that Daniel Smith Jadeite Genuine paint is amazing! The sprig is actually inlaid into the white.

      Delete
  2. both cards are gorgeous. Love the simplicity of your green and white and that beautiful silver bell. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inlaid holly sprig is so pretty in the white embossed background, Jules! And the second card with the holly layered over the embossed pine branch is gorgeous with that silver bell! I see that a jingle bell needs to be my next faux enamel project! Thanks for sharing these with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment