CAS Watercolour February Challenge - HEARTS!

Yeah!  Another month, another CAS Watercolour Challenge!!  Love their inspiration!  (I tried to link to your web page but Blogger is not letting me.  I am getting the "Aw Snap" page!!  I will try again later.)


Well This card ended up being "Take 4".  My original and subsequent ideas were just not that great!  Perhaps they'll turn into something else tonight :).  So after getting frustrated and depressed I grabbed my Penny Black Mug (51-281 what's in your cup?) and went from there...on my table were 5-6 backgrounds that I made testing out my new "Infusions" powders and saran wrap.  (I felt guilty buying them since I already have Brushos and the Ken Oliver Color Burst powders..so I settled on just trying 9 of them!!-there are sooo many choices and they really are amazing!!!  So the only piece that made it through to the final card was the Penny Black Geometric Borders - they are cool but time consuming.  The mug made me think I wanted something vintage for the background so I looked in my stencils (which I RARELY use and found something that looked like old wallpaper.  I also got to try out these really cool stencil brushes that I just HAD to have but have been sitting on my table for over a year.  They are really nice to stencil with as they do not leave any marks and the color goes on super smooth. I have pictures of them below.

The "love you" is by Technique Tuesday.

Here are more pics of the process.

Thanks for stopping by...:)




Comments

  1. Love this sweet mug, Jules! And the stenciled background is so soft and elegant! I had those Clarity brushes for over a year before I used them too. One I gave them a try, I wondered why I waited so long! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie for your time and encouragement. I know, the brushes are so easy to use!!

      Delete
  2. Your stenciled background is so pretty Jules. And I love the deep colours on your infused mug. :) The little tag from the tea bag is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll, The effort you all put in to leaving us a comment is so appreciated and why CAS watercolour is the only challenge I try to enter in every month.

      Delete
    2. I went back and the 'Link" to the CAS Watercolour pages is not working!

      Delete
  3. you made me smile when you mentioned getting the infusions when you have brusho's and Ken Oliver colour burst, I can't resist buying powdered inks. I'm hooked on them.
    I love the deep red/purp saran background and that adorable little teabag tag. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) :) . Thanks for your time and thoughtful comments!

      Delete
  4. Super sweet card...love how you did the bkg and that little teabag tag is adorable...great detail.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment